Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa


Last week both my grandparents left this life for a better one. My grandpa passed on March 1st. After his death, my grandma just couldn't live without him - she joined him on March 8th.
They loved each other so much they stayed together always.


I am so greatful for their loving legacy. We have the best family ever!! It was so great to come together and cherish their memories. I'm greatful for their example and testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. They never had to say anything - you knew what was right, and they expected you to live accordingly.


Grandpa vowed more than once to "knock out my headlights" and probably was shaking his finger as we drove all night to attend his funeral. He would give the shirt off his back to help others. His quiet acts of service have touched more people than we will ever know.


Grandma was always there to care for us and help out when needed. I remember a YW activity when I was a beehive. It was a mother daughter quilting activity, and mom couldn't be there. (not really sure why) Grandma came and helped me finish my quilt - I still have it. She was always happy to be taking care of us all. I hope I can follow her example and raise my children with a strong testimony, knowing that I love them more than anything else.


Some of my favorite memories include picking raspberries, fishing, making cinnamon rolls with grandma, anytime at the cabin and Sunday evening gatherings. I've missed them ever since I left home. There's just something special about gathering with your family. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a lifetime of love and lessons that will last forever!!









1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I love the pictures you posted. They're classic family snapshots - you can feel the love.