Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving & Stuff!

We've had a busy couple of weeks. Like usual, I've failed to take pictures of any of it. So now you just get a pictureless log of our life. It all started last week when I went to Boise to go shopping. We left Thursday night for our monthly shopping trip. (2 hours to Boise). I went shopping Friday morning, and left by 2:30 to head to Harper for a Pampered Chef Show. (2 hours to Harper) It was a great show!! I really wished I had taken pictures. She had a brand new BEAUTIFUL home!! She had spent the morning putting up pictures and clearing out boxes (that new!!). Anyway, there were lots of people there and we had a great time!! Then home again - leaving at 9:30. (2 hours home!!)

Saturday we left at noonish to go to the turkey shoot in Denio (1 1/2 hrs). We really don't shoot turkeys, it's just a target shoot for prizes of turkeys, hams, chorizo and bacon. They did rifle shoots here and 22 shoots in the gym. We mostly went to run the concession. The school is raising money for a field trip at the end of the year. We're hoping to go to the coast.

Then Sunday we went to church and another turkey shoot in Diamond. We got to see some of our old friends and Clint won some bacon!! I actually got one picture of Riley. He took his Rifle to the Shotgun shoot. But he was "getting signed up" . Between the real shoots he'd go and shoot. He didn't want any pictures, so this is the best I got. In Diamond they shoot clay pigeons.




















Now for the thankful part, which really belongs at the beginning. On Monday before all this mess, I went to Burns for Riley's hearing screening. He failed the first one, and so we were going in to use more sophisticated equipment. He has a loss of hearing at the 4000 hz range, and needs to wear hearing protection. They said he's inclined to hearing loss - - go figure!! (not thankful about that)

Ok - the thankful part. I'm thankful for great visiting teachers with great attitudes, great spirits, and great hearts that take care of me and love me. While in town on Monday, I saw lots of things I could get for Christmas and save alot of headache shopping at the last minute (which is what always happens for me). The one problem is I never get to go to town by myself. I always have kids. So I set out looking for someone to watch Riley while I went back to town on Tuesday for meetings. All my friends with kids were busy. Tuesday morning my VT's husband called to see if he could come Hometeaching. - OK long story short, she ended up meeting me to pick up Riley, and kept him for the entire day so I could shop. It was wonderful!! I got lots done, and lots more ideas to ease the stress!! She really knows how to help and even with all she's got going makes time to serve me - and her Heavenly Father!!

We had friends over for Thanksgiving. The girls out numbered Riley 5 to one, but he's getting pretty used to that. Not that it makes him any happier!! These guys came from Mississippi, so we all had a nice dinner - Clint, Clint, Me and Ashley - not enough Clints yet!! I really meant to take pictures, but - oh well. Clint's Dad and family were supposed to come over Friday, but a job came up, and he couldn't pass up. That's how it goes when you're self employed!! We missed them, but we'll make it up!

I have tons to be thankful for, and have failed to share. I'm thankful for our wonderful home, my lovely, healthy family. I'm thankful for friends that keep in touch, and know how to make my day. I'm thankful for the church and all it's organizations that are designed to help me keep my sanity!! I'm thankful for my knowledge that my family can endure forever!! Hope you had a great thanksgiving too and looking forward to Christmas. Hopefully I'll do better at picture taking. Until then here's a sunset shot from the house. I'm also thankful for all the beauty God has created in this world. I get to see alot of amazing nature out here and hope to get better at capturing it to share!! I was hoping to catch the snow in the background, but it didn't turn out so well.

Love ya all!!

No comments: